Outside Plant Crew Job Description
About the Position
Will work in the connectivity business unit helping to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise.
Will serve in a supporting role to locate other utilities at the location in which KwiKom plans to cross them. Only individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Always performs in accordance with KwiKom and industry safety and quality standards
- Maintains company property (i.e. tools)
- Coordinates work with Crew Lead
- Follows construction paths, identify utility crossings (both marked and unmarked)
- Executes assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner to ensure productivity of Crew
- Routinely cuts concrete, asphalt, brick, and other hard surfaces and removing them
- Accurately measures depth and clearly marks such depths onsite using white flags in green belt or paint on hard surface as well as marking such depths on paper plans
- Restoration work
- Maintains clean work area
- Safely operates all equipment
- Dig and Set hand holes
- Pull / Install Fiber Optic Cable in Duct
- Install Fiber Optic Cable on Poles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Always operates in a manner that promotes personal, team, and property safety
- Always communicate and exhibit professional conduct
- Provides excellent verbal communication
- Is motivated to meet or exceed daily production goals while operating safely, efficiently, and without compromising quality
- Understanding when to use hand tools or power tools (for example, when to use a shovel or post hole digger and when to use a mini-excavator).
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Relevant outside construction experience
- Skilled at operating locating equipment, concrete saws, vacuum systems, hand tools, and mini excavators.
- Candidate must be willing to reside in or near Iola, Kansas. Please do not apply if you are unable to relocate at the onset of employment.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for callouts, emergency locates, or emergency repairs
- Clean driving record
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advanced notice
- Able to be on call after normal hours on a rotational basis
- Monday – Thursday, 4-day per week, 10-hour per day schedule. (May work Friday depending on weather)
- Must be able to work overtime with and without notice.
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying 100 pounds.
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions.
- Ideal conditions will be 20 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary IRA with Company Match
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay after 1 year
You can apply for employment in several different ways…
job application form and submit online.Fill out our online
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Download our employment application [PDF Format], fill it out and either drop it off at our office or send it postal mail.
800 West Miller Road
Iola, Kansas 66749-3327
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.